Thursday, November 10, 2011

week eight the reason behind my podcast topic


 
This week we worked on our Podcast. Although I have not really commenced my assignment I already know this is going to be the most enjoyable to do out of the three writing assignments. I like that it is very wide in respect to what we want to do our topic on. In this blog entry I decided to write about why I chose the topic I chose. My topic is a bit controversial, and in a way a tad bit disturbing. I have a fascination with the stories behind serial killers. I do not in any way admire or justify their actions, on the contrary I am glad when they are finally captured and put away. What I find interesting is what drives them to commit the crime and what makes them think that there is no other option. Most importantly of all, do they feel any remorse or regret after they are finally captured?My podcast is actually not about the killer himself, but his influences behind his rage. I chose to do my pod cast about the notorious killer, Charles Manson. A big part of his rage came when he was rejected from the record label he was trying to sing with. He wanted to being some kind of racial war (excuse my lack of knowledge about his crimes I still have to read more about him) and many believe that “Helter Skelter” by the Beatles was an important influence to his madness. It will be so easy to add music to this podcast because Charles Manson was really closely associated to the music industry. That’s also a reason why I chose to write about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment