Nothing grinds my gears more than people who constantly whine and run their mouth about how there music is better than everyone else’s. They are the ones who introduce music to other people just to brag about their knowledge of it, later to get pissed off at how many people have grown to like it. I believe music is an instrument that unifies people with common interests. It speaks to the mind body and soul, and can even raise the lowest of spirits.
Music is such a positive influence on earth, why are people making something so ugly out of it. To those who think the artists’ music is only accessible to you, quit your bitching its annoying. For that matter stop comparing your music to other genres, have a little respect because I really do not see you making millions.
All music has its own history and its own birth, that’s what makes it unique. The idea that rap derived from white rock is appalling, simply because out of all genres, rap has an origin that traces all the way back to Africa. It is funny that those people that argue a case about being all knowing about their music do not even know half of its history. Maybe I am just venting, I guess I am even whining myself but I do not care…I am annoyed so I rather give my schpeel.
In the piece “Rap’s Got Roots”by Richard Oliver and Time Leffel they talk about how rap was often judged for deriving from white rock, when in reality its roots came from black music. The same black music, which would influence white artist like Elvis Presley the king of rock. The beats in rap music traced all the ways back from Africa. The beats were then incorporated into African immigrants’ “negro spirituals” while they were in America. These hyms of joyous prayer would later influence blues, ragtime, jazz, rock, soul, and rap that followed. If people would take time to appreciate a genre, take their nose out of the air, and stop being so arrogant they would realize how culturally rich rap is
No comments:
Post a Comment