The Mozart Effect recurring topic in Writing 2, and quite frankly, although very interesting, I am getting a little bored with it. It may possibly be due to the fact that I do not enjoy listening to classical music much. Although it has become my least favorite topic, I have to admit that the sample student podcast provided in week nine materials regarding the Mozart effect was very well done. The characteristic about the podcast I feel must be commented on is how eloquent and professional the young women in the podcast sounded. I was able to figure out right away who her audience was due to the fact that she used professional jargon. Her target audience was probably older, maybe graduate students, who study music or psychology. I as an undergraduate communications major had difficulty understanding some of the terms she used. She did an excellent job, but I do have some critiques as well. I felt that she could have begun with a small excerpt, rather than an entire piece, of classical music and fade in her voice slowly. This could have intrigued her audience and eased them into the heavy amount of information she was about to give.
Using a full classical song may scare away those who do not enjoy classical music, because she has to consider that not all the adults are going to be music enthusiasts. I also want to comment on the great radio voice this particular student has. I had to edit my podcast a bit in order to make my voice sound older, so kudos to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment